There are lots of standing abs workouts out there…a few we’ve done and plenty more too. But this month we are sticking with on workout that stands out, is quick and super effective!
Technically there are only 4 exercises on our calendar today. Those 4 exercises are the first 4 in the standing abs video below. If you only do the first 4 (2-3 sets of the first 4), that’s ok. But it would be even better to go through the whole routine and finish it strong! Still need 2-3 sets though so make it work for you!
Day 9 Plan:
- Weigh In Wednesday – Weigh yourself to see where you’re at and if you’ve made progress this week. Progress doesn’t always mean losing weight. Sometimes it just means maintaining and working on toning and sculpting those strong muscles!
- Morning Workout Routine (#MWR) – Get up and get moving! Especially if you do the bulk of your workout in the evening, get up 5 minutes early and go through this routine to get your metabolism revving!
- Coffee Break Workout (#CBW) – This is for those of us who sit a lot during the day. If your job has you moving around and staying active, this might not be something you need to throw in. If you tend to sit a lot, this is for you! Only takes a minute and can be done on your break. It will help you avoid the pitfalls that come from sitting at a desk all day.
- Day 9 exercises: 2-3 sets of 10 (or follow the video below 2-3 times)
- Speed Work – If you haven’t gotten this done by Wednesday, you’re running out of time! Make a plan to get it done Wednesday or Thursday so you have time to recover before our long runs this weekend!
Morning Workout Routine & Coffee Break Workout – You should already have copies of these, but if not, here you go. No excuses for slacking. 🙂
Day 9 exercises: 2-3 sets of 10 (or follow along with THIS VIDEO 2-3 times but don’t forget your planks!)
- High Knee Print with Dumbbell
- Standing Rainbow Crunch
- Wood Chop with Knee Raise
- Straight Leg Kicks
- Forearm Plank (3 x :30 or more)
Speed Work: Ladder Workout – Tough but fun workout! Click here for Monday’s post and scroll down for the workout.
What are you waiting for? Let’s get moving!